martes, 17 de abril de 2012

Dark Saturday instead of Black Saturday

EDITORIAL 

I've always loved the gothic style specially for the make up and the clothing even thou I don't carry it on in my everyday life. 

Admirer of films like "Rocky Horror Picture Story" or "The Crow" I wanted to make a tribute and at the time scandalize a little, which I love to do. 

Also we wanted to play with the androgyny idea. 'Coz I believe in 2012 we should be able to forget the sex of the person in front and just treat them as human beings: man, woman or third sex. Specially in The Philippines, a country with such a large population of the androgenic third sex. 

We were hanging out in a party sitting in the grass of Fort Bonifacio (Manila) when I met this good looking guy with a great taste for clothing and of course he had to be a clothes designer: Renan Pacson. 

So I got interested in his works and he had all the pictures of his designs just there, so I loved it and proposed to photo shoot with it. 

Then my actor friends Andrea Fe Padilla and JV Ibesate knew we were going to do the photo shoot and asked if they could jump in. Idea I loved too. A couple of friends modeling with me would push me to produce faster. 

Then I needed one of the most important elements, the photographer. And thank you so much Ria Yu for joining and suggesting the candle lighting, painting walls, providing props and finally editing and creating the comic idea, something that really made it come alive. 

Make up by Monika Concepcion was an unexpected and last moment gift, thank you Andrea for bringing her. A great job and totally essential. It gave us the power to build the characters and great looks of course. 

And let's not forget the production assistant Mashee Yu who had to go back and forth many times for all those little details and finally even treated us for a yummy pizza to celebrate the end of the shooting. 


Maybe this gives you an idea of an alternative Holly Week vacation next year? 
THE COMPLETE PICTURE STORY
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150630963871502.388676.172112516501&type=1 

Thank you. 


Kuya Manzano 
Original idea, director, producer & model. 
Philippines 2012.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario